Sunday, June 12, 2011

Battle Mountain, Battle.

I hit a milestone this weekend!!  I've been in Colorado almost 10 months now, and I've finally hiked over 12, 000 Ft! The snow pack was still 7 feet in some places, which was amazing, apparently it was one of the snowiest on record!

I hiked Battle Mountain with the Colorado Mountain Club(CMC), which is very close to Chasm Lake, Longs Peak, and Mt. Meeker in Rocky Mountain National Park.

Meeker is on the Left,  then Longs Peak, and finally the giant scree pile on the right is Mount Lady Washington.


Beautiful shot of the diamond of Longs Peak!


 Alpine Forget Me Nots!
Fairy Primrose!

 I was worried that I wouldn't adapt well to elevation above tree line, but I survived swimmingly! :)


The storms were headed in as we were climbing down.

Altogether a successful trip!

Next Weekend... Quandary which is 14,265, My first 14er! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment