Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mt. Sniktau




I decided that today was a fantastic day to go hiking, however I had not gotten up early enough for one of my more rigorous adventures. Earlier this summer I was supposed to go up Mt. Sniktau with a group of folk from the CMC, however I had been ill and unable to attend...So today seemed like a lovely time to go! It was a 4 mile round trip with approximately 2200 ft of climb, off of Loveland Pass.

The hike was very easy, but it was quite windy and cold up there! There was a snowstorm up on Torrey's and Gray's Peaks!
There was a lovely view of the Gore Range, as well as the Citadel on this trip! The Citaldel is on my short list!

I began my hike at 11am, and finished at 2pm-- there were some very nice folk from North Carolina that engaged me in conversation!
Next week....Cupid to Grizzly Peak, or the Citaldel!

No comments:

Post a Comment