Sunday, January 1, 2012

Great Start to a New Year or Snowshoeing the Lincoln Lake Trail

So unlike other people my age, I did not spend New Years Eve out partying... I had my one beer at 4:30pm, and made sure I was asleep by 9pm. I was not going to wake up with a hangover and skip my New Years Day tradition of spending my first day of the year out on the trails!

Instead of waking up and feeling awful, I woke up at 5:30am, and met my group at 7:00am, to travel to the Echo Lake Lodge. The sky was a deep blue,  and there was a slight wind, however once we began hiking into the woods it ceased. The first half of the trail was a gentle upslope, with no need for snowshoes, however the less traveled potion of the trail was lovely fluffy powder!! We hiked down to an area that had absolutely no snow, a cleared portion far away from where a plough could go!

 View from the only spot without snow.
We hiked a while further in this perfect whether, before we ate lunch! I didn't even neat to wear a coat, only a light layer, the weather is amazing!
A lovely tree where we ate lunch!
After lunch!



The view of scenery!
The trip back was difficult, if you've ever heard the statement "up hill both ways", this was a great example!

The trail!

Thank you MSR!!! For Making all Snowshoe Trips possible!
If there was such a thing as a perfect beginning to the New Year, then this was it! I am seriously jazzed for this new year!!!!

Hope everyone had such a lovely day! :)


2 comments:

  1. Love the pink outfit! you look totally cute!
    The pictures are great, and you have wonderful writing skills

    ReplyDelete